The marriage between NFL wide receiver Chad Ochocinco and Motorola is a very unlikely one. Soon after the announcement of their Cliq (Get it? No? It was worth a shot.), we learned that the two would move forward in promoting MOTOBLUR – the custom Android UI that Motorola is using to set themselves apart and re-spur the livelihood of their phones division.
Two phones later and the couple are still at it. The latest endorsement sees Ochocinco carrying a Motorola Devour as the product to have. The fictional (yet still very real) Ochocinco News Network is now “powered” by MOTOBLUR full circle. His Android app keeps fans in the loop, he tweets from Motoblur to over one-million followers, and OCNN and Motorola now go hand-in-hand when it comes to brand awareness.
I won’t be surprised to see some more aggressive advertising headed our way in the future. In the meantime, if we could just get our hands on a more full-fledged OCNN app (with pictures and videos) like our iPhone rivals brethren, that’d be great.
- Verizon Giving Away the Motorola Devour Free
- Verizon Announces Pre-Paid Data Plans for 3G
- Motorola Updates Upgrade Timeline, The Wait C
- Motorola Devour to Receive Update Tomorrow, N
- Check out the Motorola Devour forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Devour