It’s tough to argue that the Nexus One isn’t a pretty sweet phone. Now whether you consider the Nexus One a SUCCESS? That’s a different story. A new distribution model unfamiliar to customers mixed with limited promotion constrained to internet ads/marketing have contributed to low total sales volume. But it appears that Google is finally prepared to take the Nexus One and future “Google Phones” to the next level.
On Google’s website, they’ve posted a job listing for the following position: Product Marketing Manager, Android and Nexus One – Mountain View. The job is clearly designed to DIRECTLY increase sales figures with a “comprehensive marketing strategy”. Here is the actual listing:
The Android space is a big opportunity for Google, and an area of strategic importance. As Product Marketing Manager for Android and Nexus One, you support the Direct-To-Consumer marketing plans and initiatives that will be rolled out in the coming months. You are focused on increasing the number of device sales and increasing awareness of the Nexus One brand.
- Be part of the team that drives and executes on a comprehensive marketing strategy for Direct-to-Consumer.
- Coordinate appropriately across product areas and teams, to ensure that campaigns reach our audience through all appropriate touch points.
- Work closely with global counterpoints in Android marketing to ensure global cohesion, communication, and scalability for local strategy, campaigns, and launches.
- Be a true product and industry expert for Android.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years of work experience, with at least 3 years experience in mobile-related ventures. E-commerce and retail experience a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical success.
- Passion and prior work experience in mobile.
- Good understanding of Google’s strategic and competitive position in Android/Mobile.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and analytical skills as well as outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
Check out the full listing at Google and if you apply and get the position… make sure you hit us up and keep us in the loop!
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Nexus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus One