We had a feeling (not to mention a bunch of evidence) that the Kyocera Zio would launch on Cricket as the carriers first Android phone – and we were right. Over at BGR they’ve got a full presentation chock-full of Cricket’s 2010 devices and what is one of the featured phones? None other than the Zio!
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price is listed at $299.99, so you can expect the phone to cost significantly less than that, especially with contracts and rebates. It should launch in July of this year and specs include a 3.5-inch screen, WVGA resolution, Wi-Fi, and 3.2MP camera.
The important thing here, in my mind, is that yet another carrier is giving its customers access to Android. Regardless of Cricket’s relative size measured by subscriber base, there will be a lot of people eagerly chirping about this one. And now I’m wondering if they should launch their own little version of Twitter.
- Shareware Site Tucows Launches Cheap Wireless
- Samsung Transform, Kyocera Zio Headed to Spri
- Cricket Makes Kyocera Zio Official, Announces
- Kyocera Zio Launching as First Android Phone
- Check out the Kyocera Zio forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Kyocera Zio