It’s nice to just sit there in your hammock, slurping an umbrella drink and getting OTA updates as they fly every which way, but sometimes life isn’t such a breeze. HTC Droid Eris and Motorola Droid owners for example, have been incredibly anxious to get the latest and greatest, and the guys at XDA Devs have supplied a means to that end.
An HTC employee in China supposedly posted the ROM on XDA, it was deemed valid but corrupt, and the problem was soon patched/fixed and on several HTC Eris devices. It can be on yours too if you follow these directions!
Don’t get your panties in a bunch Motorola Droid owners – you’re being taken care of as well. Over at DroidLife, Kellex had to do a factory reset on his Droid and used the “fresh start” as an opportunity to test out the Motorola Droid 2.1 Update that had been leaked and posted a few days ago.
It’s a build for developers to do final testing but it does work – and doesn’t have things like 3D Launcher and Live wallpapers.
For the brave folks out there who take the plunge, let us know how it turns out.
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- OG Droid Receiving Android 2.2.3 Update with
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Droid Eris forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.