The Samsung Galaxy might never get a 2.x update, but being stuck at 1.5 was just plain cruel. Galaxy owners wondering what solar system they would be confined to are about to get a ticket out of the 1.5 Black Hole. The folks on AndroidForums have found the appropriate files to flash and install Android 1.6 on their Samsung Galaxy and, while this seems to be a leaked build, it looks like an official OS version that Samsung is planning to release as an OTA.
I’d warn you to read the entire thread before trying anything and make sure you know what you’re doing – we’re not responsible if you turn your phone into an expensive paperweight. And sure, plenty of people have complained that 1.6 still isn’t anywhere NEAR the most recent OS version, but better to get something than nothing – right?
- Conan O’Brien brings his comedic genius
- What’s the next phone worth waiting for
- Samsung Galaxy Brought Down To Earth, Stuck W
- Bell Gets First Android – Samsung Galax
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy