I, just like any other Droid owner out there, have been envying Android 2.1 since the release of the Nexus One. Well, we’ve got news for you – Engadget reports that the 2.1 update is making its way through Verizon’s testing department! Here’s what the update is reported to include:
- Current build is 2.1 Version 1.
- Google Goggles pre-installed.
- Multitouch enabled browser.
- Home screen of 2.0.1 with no rotating 3D grid menu, maintains drawer tab.
- No live wallpapers. NoOoOoOoOoo!
- The news and weather widgets introduced on the Nexus One are included.
Although the release date of the update is unknown, hopefully the testing is a sign that it will be available, or leaked, soon! Check up soon as we will keep you updated as we get more info on the update. Any features that are lacking in the rumored update that you would of liked to see? I know they are just aesthetic but I would of loved the live wallpapers.
- Kevin's Farewell
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
TAGS: Motorola Droid