The Motorola Motus we’ve been hearing about lately might just be renamed the Motorola Backflip – the company recently trademarked the name and with the form factor we’ve been shown, it would make sense. But there may be more than meets the eye: AndroidAndMe got an anonymous tip of leaked specs that include a “reverse flip keyboard” and “rear directional touchpad”. Yeah… Backflip I think it is.
With WCDMA Band 4 support it appears the Motus will do a Backflip right onto T-Mobile’s lineup. Yesterday we saw the first leaked image, today we get leaked (and rumored) specs:
- 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201A
- 512 MB ROM
- 256 MB RAM
- 3.1 inch display 320 x 480 (HVGA)
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
- WiFi / Bluetooth 2.0 / GPS
- OS Android 1.5 with Motoblur
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 W-CDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- Reverse flip keyboard
- Rear directional touchpad
Who has this on their radar?
PS: I failed to come up with a pun mixing “radar” with “android” or a related term. RobotDar? DroiDar? Andar? Robdar? Nearly impossible. So pretend I made a funny and laugh to make me feel like the time was well spent. Thanks.
PPS: Was just talking with Taylor Wimberly who mentioned the word “Motus” actually means “Gesture”… this is like a game of Clue. Motorola killed Mr. Motus in the Billiards Room with a Backflip?
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- AT&T Soon to Drop Motorola Backflip, Xpe
- [Update] Motorola Backflip on AT&T Recei
- Android 2.1 Update Begins for Motorola Backfl
- Check out the Motorola Motus forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Backflip forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.