The dust has finally settled from the Cyanogen uproar and the world’s most popular Android Software Engineer / MOD maker has skated back on the scene, bringing his followers the rooted goods they so enjoy. Note the word “enjoy” and not “deserve” – props to Cyanogen for hooking up the masses. Of course the most recent CM release comes without the proprietary bits that were the cause for his initial disappearance in the first place… but we’ve discussed that to death. Time to move on.
The ROM can be used universally on the HTC Dream/G1 and Magic/MyTouch and provides the following features:
- Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
- Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
- Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
- Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
- Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
- Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
- Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
- Includes T-Mobile IM application, Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
- Does not require “DangerSPL”
- Includes a massive APN list
- Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
- Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
- Phone app enhancements by cytown
- Loccy’s “BetterBrowser”MMS enhancements from rgv151
- FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
- Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
- USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
- Commandline extras: powertop, htop, nano, busybox, openvpn
- Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
To get more details and download/install for yourself (we take no responsibility for any negative outcmoes) visit XDA Dev.