You know the Verizon Wireless Droid Does campaign/commercial? If not, you should know that it directly targets the iPhone and you can see it below:
A couple Apple fanboys made a “spoof commercial”, the geeky equivalent of a battle rap, and posted it to where else? The interwebz:
I’d like to make a few points:
- Regardless of EVERYTHING, Verizon obviously got your attention and the attention of a lot of other people. They stirred up emotions… enough to provoke this. Mission accomplished.
- iDon’t need vague information: It’s called buzz marketing/advertising. Ask Steve Jobs… I’ll admit he knows a little about that. The details are all out there now so… what is vague?
- iDon’t need scare tactics: if you’re scared by that commercial than YOU my friend… are a d-…. I’ll leave it go
- iDon’t need to imitate: since when does Apple have a corner on everything smartphone? If anyone does anything good, Apple fanboys say its imitating. Last time I checked Android was in development before the iPhone ever came out. Full keyboard? MicroSD? Camera with flash? The commercial is an imitation… but then again yours is an imitation of an imitation.
- iDon’t need a droid unless it’s R2D2: check.
- iDont’ have a problem with iTunes: neither do we, just Apple locking it up for syncing purposes.
- iDon’t buy brands who bash other brands: yes you do, you just don’t know it. It’s a cold hard world of scare tactics and negative advertising – get used to it – this one isn’t even bad just picking fun. The “there’s a Map for that?” BRILLIANT!
And just after saying you don’t buy brands who bash other brands you show the I’m A Mac and I’m A PC commercial clip… HELLO? HELLO? EARTH TO YOURSELF?
And to top it off you finish with “iOops… iCame First”
That’s what she said
Seriously though, funny little rebuttal ad and props to the guys who put it together. We ARE talking about phones so put it in perspective and have a little fun!