We saw this coming. On October 19th we guessed that the Droid Does campaign could be promoting a whole bunch of different Droids:
What if Verizon Wireless also plans on launching their “Hero” and maybe another Android device and is using the “Droid Does” campaign as a general marketing campaign for all their android handsets?
Then one of our sources told about the HTC phone held by Eric Schmidt and were told it would be called the Droid Eris. We bit our tongue as we tried to confirm and BAM – Engadget and GDGT both confirmed since, the latter of which included a picture seen left.
So what will it be? HTC Droid Eris? HTC Eris? Verizon Droid Eris? Verizon Eris? Who knows… we don’t even know if the SHOLES will be called Motorola Droid now. It COULD be called the Motorola Droid Tao or something similar.
The Droid Eris is rumored to go on sale on November 6th along with the Motorola Droid Tao/Sholes. Will that be all? Anything else Verizon? Time to check up on that… hmmmm…
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- HTCDev Unlocks The Bootloaders For A Couple O
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.