Where are all my Indian Phandroids in the house? I’m sure you all are chomping at the bot waiting for Android Phones to start lighting up your country but you won’t have to wait long thanks to Samsung. The company recently announced their partnership with Tata Docomoto to launch the Samsung Galaxy later this year for Rs 28,990 ($607). But that’s not all.
Listen to how assertive Samsung India Electronics GM of Marketing (Asim Warsi) is when discussing the company’s status with Android:
“This is first of the block. There would be more this year. Android is a very serious operating system on which we will build more phones.”
Notice that word “block” together with “this year”? Yeah… I would normally put a lot of emphasis on this but the words “portfolio” and “suite” didn’t get us very far so I think I’ll keep my mouth shut.
- Samsung Q4 2014 shows mobile sales down 64%
- Qualcomm may have confirmed rumors that the G
- Sony is killing off Music Unlimited, partners
- Facebook's 2014 earnings bring in $12 billion
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy