The HTC Hero is the first phone to have the company’s custom Android build, named HTC Sync. If you’re lucky enough to own the phone then you should know that updates are now available. You can check out the full download/installation instructions or view them below.
Ahh… the wonderful world of copy and paste:
1. Hardware Requirements (PC)
1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
50 MB of available free hard disk space
USB 2.0 is required
2. Software Requirements – Supported Operating Systems (PC)
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
3. Installation Instructions
1. Click Download below to download “HTC Sync_2.0.4.zip” to your PC.
2. Unzip “HTC Sync_2.0.4.zip” and run “HTC Sync_2.0.4.exe” to install it to your PC.(Suggestion: Please close all running programs and temporarily exit your anti-virus program when you install the HTC Sync)
3. From your PC, launch HTC Sync, and use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC (if the phone is not connected to the PC there will be a sync failure).
4. On your phone, check Notifications on the status bar for the icon to confirm if HTC Sync recognizes the phone.
5. The first time you synchronize the phone, the Synchronization Settings Wizard will start automatically to help you set up HTC Sync. (If the Synchronization Settings Wizard does not start, click Synchronize Now on the HTC Sync screen.)
After the first time, to start syncing your phone to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the phone and tap “Synchronize your phone with Windows” to connect to the PC
6. On your PC, Follow the instructions to finish the wizard.on the HTC Sync screen.
* The installation process takes up to several minutes. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the installation program and do not open any applications or files while the installation is in process.
To actually download the file, you’ll have to visit the HTC website.
- HTCDev Unlocks The Bootloaders For A Couple O
- HTC Hero Receiving Minor Update Fixing Peep T
- HTC Hero for Sprint Receives a Maintenance Up
- Cox Wireless Provides New Carrier Option with
- Check out the HTC Hero forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Hero