We got our hopes up and now we’re let down – the Philips V808 Android phone that we just heard about has some disappointing news. First of all, the phone will be exclusively available on China Mobile. Secondly, it will have China Mobile’s proprietary Android build called the OPhone which is more iPhone-like and alledgedly utilizes carrier stores instead of the full Android Market.
It gets worse… it also lacks 3G and Wi-Fi. Suddenly the V808 seems like a distant dream we remember we had and liked but forget why and pretty soon don’t care. By the way does anyone out here have experience with the OPhone build of Android?
- Philips V808: Company’s First Smartphon
- One M8 GPe Lollipop delay
- SwiftKey’s 5.10 update is all about spe
- Android Studio 1.0 Release Candidate is here
- Check out the Philips V808 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Philips V808