The company line on the HTC Hero has been Europe in July, Asia later this summer and North America before the year ends. That last part crushed the spirits of many Americans and Canadians craving the latest and greatest Android. Fortunately for us the FCC has come through with July 4th holiday weekend spirit by giving Americans a little something to chew on:
FCC documents show approval for WCDMA 850/1900 MHz which – guess what? – would point to an AT&T bound HTC Hero! Earlier rumors have been focused on the Hero coming to Sprint but maybe, just maybe, the phone will truly save the day by coming to multiple carriers.
I know there are a lot of you saying the sooner the better and we couldn’t agree more. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint need to get their Android on ASAP!
UPDATE: The confidentiality agreement requests confidentiality agreement for 180 days starting May 29th which suggests this HTC Hero flavor wouldn’t launch until the very end of 2009 at best.
- HTCDev Unlocks The Bootloaders For A Couple O
- HTC Hero Receiving Minor Update Fixing Peep T
- HTC Hero for Sprint Receives a Maintenance Up
- Cox Wireless Provides New Carrier Option with
- Check out the HTC Hero forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Hero