Not two minutes had passed after posting that Portugal was infected with Android Fever, did I read from HTC that the HTC Magic is now heading to India via Bharti. If it wasn’t official before, I would say, with unbridled conviction, it is now: Android Fever is something to which a shot of penicillin cannot cure. It’s here, and it’s clear; domination is inevitable and resistance is futile. I will say, that the Magic has taken a much bigger grip on the world than I would ever have expected it to.
Key points from the HTC Press Release:
- The Android ™ platform opens up an unique opportunity to Airtel customers to customize their device with multiple mobile applications
- Airtel customers can avail many utility based applications such as Portfolio Manager, Hello Tune Manager, Weather Channel, Mobshare, In-mobile search and City Search
- HTC Magic offers cutting edge innovation with 3G capabilities, 3.2-inch HVGA touch screen, and 3.2 mega-pixel camera for an unmatched personalised mobile Web experience
- Airtel customers to get free data download of 100 MB per month for 6 months
- HTC Magic available at Airtel Relationship Centres and authorised HTC resellers across 17 cities
I was unable to find a release date for this one as well, so if anyone wants a Phandroid “thanks!”, feel free to give us a shout.
- Offline playback for YouTube in India
- Android One devices launch in India
- For our Indian Readers: Get ready for the fir
- HTC Magic Gets Android 2.2.1 on Vodafone UK
- Check out the HTC Magic forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.