The Huawei U8230 was announced at CommunicAsia and John Chan from Crave at CNET had the opportunity to do a quick video of the hardware. The phone was a prototype so the Android software wasn’t currently on the phone, giving the 2nd Half of 2009 timeframe a little wobbliness:
We learn a few new things about the Huawei U8230 from this video:
- Mr. Chan calls it the U823X which most likely means thre will be a few different versions of the phone, probably to differentiate between markets.
- 2.5mm headphone jack (bummer)
- Camera has auto-focus and no flash
- Screen is HVGA resolution
- Available 2nd Half of 2009 (likely 4th Quarter)
I wish he would have moved the phone in front of the camera a bit to get an idea of thickness and size – it seems quite big but also pretty slim for its size. Since this prototype was on the showroom floor it probably won’t be long until we’re updated with even more specs and details. We also got another picture!