At the end of April we showed you the Motorola Ironman, a vertical slider that seemed prepped to launch in the 3rd Quarter of 2009. On what carrier? We had no clue. But now we do as EngadgetMobile has leaked internal AT&T slides that reveal information about the Motorola IronMan, although called Motorola Heron throughout:
Like the other Android Phone headed to AT&T – the HTC Morrison – the Motorola Heron has a 2.8″ touch screen swhich is smaller than at of either the HTC Dream or HTC Magic. A big red “subject to change due to move to Android” indicates that this phone probably hade WinMo or a proprietary OS and has since got the bump to Android.
The data/pics comes from another Engadget leak and we couldn’t be happier they hooked us up with all this juicy Android info:
Some of the specs worth highlighting:
- 2.8″ QVGA TFT Touchscreen
- Quad-band GSM
- 3MP Camera (fixed focus) with LED Flash
- Bluetooth 2.1
- MicroUSB 2.0
The info sheet says we can expect a November 2nd 2009 launch date but I definitely WOULDN’T expect anything. Deciding to slap an entirely different Mobile OS on a device isn’t as simple as it sounds so consider the launch date on this a toss up.
- Motorola Only Announcing Morrison September 1
- Motorola Android Event: September 10th In San
- Motorola Android Phones: Full Speed Ahead
- Android Auto could come pre-installed in some cars
- Check out the Motorola Heron forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Heron